Saturday, September 20, 2008

TV sucks

We don’t have TV anymore! We should celebrate. We canceled our subscription to cable TV, and yesterday evening at 9:10 pm, the curtain fell and it was over. It was long overdue. I couldn’t stand the commercials anymore, and the sheer stupidity of most programs. I didn’t want to pay for a bundle that included QVC and other nonsense. I would have paid for a few select channels, like PBS, the History channel, and maybe TCM. But they don’t sell TV that way. Talking about the programs, the other day, I was shocked to see how insensitive the commercials can be. It was in the middle of Intervention, and the family of an alcoholic was trying to rescue their beloved one (OK, it is strange already that this kind of situation can be made into a spectacle), but zap! a commercial for Kentucky Fried Chicken cut in! I was disgusted. It didn’t make me feel like eating KFC at all, by the way. The channel probably sold the wrong time slot to KFC. In any case, I don’t want to pay $60 a month for that kind of crap, I have better things to do with my life and my money.

No comments: